San Luis Obispo
Please join us to learn how California’s Central Coast farmers and ranchers can improve their soil health, and sequester carbon in soil and woody plants while providing numerous agricultural benefits. We will discuss soil health practices (e.g., compost, mulch, cover cropping), grazing management, perennial conservation planting, and more.
The program includes:
• Overview of the science supporting healthy soils practices and benefits, including increased soil organic matter, improved soil water-holding capacity, and increased forage yield
• Introduction to carbon farm planning
• Overview of Climate Smart and healthy soils policies and funding sources
• Conversation with local ranchers about their healthy soils practices and results
• Tour of a ranch implementing healthy soils practices
Presenters will include experts from the area’s Resource Conservation Districts and local ranchers, as well as various non-profit organizations involved in climate and agriculture issues and land stewardship.